Our Mission

We support and encourage one another with love
in order to make disciples for Jesus.

 

Leadership Team:

Our leadership team recognizes the authority of God, and realizes that we serve under the Chief Shepherd, Jesus Christ. We desire to devote ourselves to prayer and to the ministry of the Word.   
 
 
Neal Hartzell, Pastor
20150302_130426   Neal came to Albion with his family in 2015 with a vision for a strong, loving church to serve Edwards County. Receiving a warm, friendly welcome was a special blessing and the worship and spirit of the church is powerful and exciting!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Becky Grimes, Worship Leader
 

Missy Grimes – Childrens’ Ministries Director

 
Bryan & Missy Grimes, Youth Directors

 

Head Trustee
 
Rich Sherrick/Lisa SchiltTreasurer
 

Lisa Schilt, Head Steward  

Our History

         The Free Methodist Church of Albion, Illinois was organized in 1949 with a series of revival services lead by Rev. & Mrs. Raymond Chitty and Song Evangelist, Effie Head.  The Lord called seventeen local residents to join as members.  We worshiped in a residence on Main Street located near the present site of the IGA grocery. 
         As the society grew, we purchased property at the corner of South Seventh and West Cherry Streets.  A church building was constructed on that site.  Some of the building materials used came from the former Immanuel Church building near West Salem.  The congregation moved into the new building in 1951.  Our first pastor was Hugh Enicks.

                In 1982, an educational/ fellowship area we added to the back of the church building. The Pastor lives in a home his family purchased. The Pastor’s Study is located in the lower level of the church.